HOW TO DECLARE YOUR TIPS
THIS TAX ADVICE IS ONLY VALID WITHIN THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
Unfortunatly tips are taxable, but we have outlined exactly how you can declare your tips below.
If you receive payments under €5,000, you can use myAccount to declare this income on your Income Tax return,.
To register for myAccount, go to www.revenue.ie and sign in to myAccount. You can use an existing MyGovID or follow the instructions to register a new account.
Once you have successfully logged onto myAccount,
Under Tax Services will be the PAYE Services panel
1. Select Review your Tax 2018 – 2021
2. Select tax year 2021
3.On the Income Tax Return Panel – Click Amend
4. This will bring you to the panel to complete your Income Tax Return.
5. Fill in all required details on panel 1 and move to panel 2, PAYE Income
6.Review all details held by Revenue for accuracy then proceed to Panel 3 Non-PAYE Income
7. Select the Other Income dropdown menu
8. Select Emp/Off/Pen not subject to PAYE deductions
9. On this panel – Description of Income – Gratuities
Amount of Income – ( This should be the total amount of gratuities received in the calendar year 2021)
10. Select Update
Return to the previous page, review and then select Next
On the Tax credits & reliefs panel reconfirm your tax credits by selecting Confirm All
Move to the next page by selecting Next
11. On panel 5 – Declaration – review all information on the form then proceed to the Declaration on the bottom of the page. Check the box to confirm your declaration
12. On the Secure sign and submit page enter your PPS Number and myAccount password
Select Sign and submit
Your additional income has now been declared to Revenue, you should receive correspondence confirming this from Revenue in due course.